Tuesday, December 18, 2012

TA125 Engine Removed

Well it's been almost a year since I had the time to start on the TA. I did manage to get the 1972 GT380 going so that's ready for club plates. I will build a stand for the TA but just to get the ball rolling I took a heap of photos today and then removed the engine. Digital cameras are wonderful for anyone working on old bikes, cars etc. You often dismantle parts and don't get back to them for long periods and then you find that you can't remember exactly what went where.

For the moment I'll concentrate on the engine. The bike hasn't been started or anything since I got it and before I removed the engine I checked the spark and gearbox etc. Well there is only spark on 1 cylinder and the gearbox appears to have only one gear. This is a problem buying things sight unseen on the internet. But even if I had been aware of these things I still would have bought it.



Engine Out

And on the Bench


No comments:

Post a Comment